360 inbound marketing strategy Youtube based.
Telemundo Networks wanted to develop their digital presence starting with the Youtube channel starting with their flagship TV show Caso Cerrado that has been running for over 15 years in over 20 countries. The TV show contains two court cases per episode ranging from sexuality, family problems, immigration and a variety of topics.
How do we come up with a format to reach the current audience of the show and appeals to a new generation while generating enough revenue to make the project profitable?
• Generate a 360 inbound marketing strategy that includes assets for Youtube, Mailchimp, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Since the episodes are 45' minutes long and contained two cases, we edited each case (A/B) and generated a 20' minutes long version for each.
• A 3' to 5' minutes' version.
• A creative asset of around 1' minute.
• A 30" seconds promo of each episode for social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
• Thumbnails for each episode depicting emotions such as drama, violence, romance, humor, joy.
• Dedicated playlists covering different topics such as Immigration, Sexuality, Family, Popular, Extraordinary, Latest.
• All of them with a dedicated call to action pointing to the Youtube channel to keep the audience navigating within the Caso Cerrado Youtube ecosystem to increase revenue.
1. Project Manager, Product Manager, Operation Manager
2. Scrum/Kablan hybrid (Design Thinking), Agile values.
3. Digital Strategy.
4. Storyline and copywriting.
6. Quality control.
7. Graphic Design and Creative Direction.
8. File management. keycode and name conventions.
9. Traffic, acquisition, and delivery
10. Client relationship and account management
My daily routine consisted of checking that all the assets were produced from the previous day, check emails and report progress to upper management. Do quality control of all the assets produced the day before. Batch render and deliver all the assets including metadata (title, description, keywords, and hashtags). Design Thinking was the root of the entire operation. Daily tasks were encapsulated in jobs of 8 hours with 2 hours of slag.
We were set to deliver 40 titles a month. For Quality Control we created our own interface.
This one represents one week of work.
• Date of production
• Title for the show chosen by us
• Reel name as received keycoded.
• Code: work number
• Thumbnail for regular show
• Thumbnail for ZIP format
• Full: Full version ready
• End Slate: Custom After Effects End Card
• Resumen ZIP: Zimp version ready
• End Slate ZIP: Custom After Effects End Card
• Status: Editors name
• To A/ To B: Each End Slate pointed to two other videos, here is the assignment. Video code 3, pointed to video 1 & 2. And so on.
• Green block: means the QC was done by Project Manager and passed.
• Yellow block: means the video is ready to QC or video didn't pass QC (I think we had a red block for that)
• White block: video is not done yet.
The 2 & 1 inside the blocks is a function of Google sheet where by just typing a number makes the cell change color.
This is what a month of work would look like. The blue column represents a holiday, in that case, we would accelerate the process to deliver on schedule by the end of the month. We have never missed a delivery nor worked after hours or on weekends.
After the videos passed QC, we added title, suggested description and keywords. The time codes for commercial breaks.
And a series of keycode elements with a comprehensive nomenclature.
We delivered the files and the client had some other content being uploaded in the same channel. That took us to a series of meetings and A/B testings to find out the "sweet spot".
To resolve the "downward trend", I came up with an optimization process reviewing the entire channel, each video and updating what was necessary.
The yellow blocks are the videos we optimized. The green lines represent days with no videos uploads.
On a July 18th, we began implementing the optimization, this is a quick sample of the turnaround
308 Million minutes
356 Million minutes
Previous 30 days
Last 30 days
Previous Period MoM
New Period MoM
In 30 days, we also achieved the highest watch time in the story of the channel. Just by organizing, depurating and engaging with the visitors.
The average audience retention was above 50% which is amazing. That means we targeted the right audience. Each video had an average of 30K views within 3 days.... ORGANIC!
THE ART OF THUMBNAILS:
The policy with the thumbnail, title, and description: Imagine is a billboard, you have half a second to get the message while driving. Make it explicit and that do not require "mental processing". Graphic wise... imagine is the cover of National Enquirer.
Caso Cerrado Youtube is the 2nd most viewed Youtube Channel in Florida based on Social Blade and 521st in the world. The profits duplicated production costs within a year. It was the best experience I had in production. Meetings were awesome, we faced unexpected situations, the team performed on time, with quality, creativity and a lot of humor.
FEEDBACKS FROM THE CLIENT:
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Feel free to email to